1.3.1 Advantages of pneumatic transmission
1. The power density of pneumatic transmission system is high, and it is easy to accumulate energy. Small compressors are equipped with air storage tanks, which can output more energy under intermittent working conditions, and even can pre package compressed air, so that power can be generated without energy supply in the future.
2.The energy can be easily transformed into rotary motion and linear motion, and the action adjustment is convenient and simple, and easy to control. It can be used for information processing such as detection, amplification, transmission and logical operation.
3.The movement speed and output force can be adjusted conveniently and continuously in a wide range. With the compressibility of the gas, soft operation can be realized.
4. The working medium is air, which can save energy compared with hydraulic oil and is inexhaustible. The gas is not easy to block the flow channel, and can be discharged into the atmosphere at any time after use.
5. Strong environmental adaptability, little environmental pollution, good fire and explosion resistance. As long as the materials and seals of the pneumatic components are approved and the medium is properly treated, the applicable ambient temperature range of the pneumatic system is wide, up to – 20~200 ℃. It is insensitive to the temperature change, dust, mechanical vibration, humidity and interference magnetic field of the external environment. When the temperature changes, it has little impact on the viscosity of the air, so it will not affect the transmission performance. It can also work normally under bad working conditions, which is superior to hydraulic, electronic, electrical transmission and control.
6. The viscosity of air is very small (about one tenth of that of hydraulic oil), so the flow resistance is small, and the pressure loss when flowing in the pipeline is small, so it is convenient for centralized supply and long-distance transmission of energy.
7. Compared with hydraulic transmission, pneumatic transmission can obtain higher speed even if its power and weight are small; The pneumatic action is fast and the response is fast. It usually takes only 0.02-10,3s to reach the working pressure and speed. The flow velocity of hydraulic oil in the pipeline is generally 1~5m/s, and the minimum flow velocity of gas is also greater than 10m/s, sometimes even reaching the sound speed, and also reaching the supersonic speed when venting.
8.The gas pressure has strong self holding ability. Even if the compressor is shut down and the gas valve is closed, a stable pressure can still be maintained in the device. In order to maintain the pressure of the hydraulic system, the energy pump is generally required to continue working or add an accumulator, while the gas maintains the pressure of the bearing cylinder unchanged through its own expansion.
9. The pneumatic components have simple structure, low cost and convenient maintenance. When it is used in the control part and the execution part, it is economical and can form a low-cost system. The pneumatic components are simple in structure, low in price, convenient for maintenance, and the working medium is available everywhere. The investment cost and operation cost of pneumatic system and device are low. Therefore, the use of pneumatic technology to achieve automation has always been said to be low-cost automation.
10. Pneumatic control elements and systems have high reliability, safety and long service life. Electrical components can operate for one million times, while pneumatic components can operate for 20 million to 40 million times.
11. It has strong overload resistance, is not easy to heat up, and is not easy to cause accidents due to overload. Even if the transmission system stops due to overload, there is no danger.
12. Exhaust pipe is not required for exhaust.